Gosden House School is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Gosden House School takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the website:
- We have designed the website to be fully compatible with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, Level AA.
- We have implemented alternative text for all non-text content to make it accessible to screen reader users.
- We have made sure that the website can be navigated using only a keyboard, without the need for a mouse or other pointing device.
- We have ensured that the website is compatible with popular assistive technologies, such as screen readers and speech recognition software.
- We provide closed captions for all pre-recorded videos on the website.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Gosden House School website is fully conformant with WCAG 2.1, Level AA.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Gosden House School website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the website by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gosden House School is committed to making the website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Gosden House School website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Latest versions of popular screen readers, including NVDA, JAWS, and VoiceOver.
- Latest versions of popular speech recognition software, such as Dragon Naturally Speaking.
- Latest versions of popular web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of Gosden House School website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Gosden House School website:
- Some older PDF documents on the website may not be fully accessible to screen reader software. We are working to make these documents accessible or to provide accessible alternatives.
- Some third-party content, such as embedded videos and social media feeds, may not be fully accessible. We are working with third-party providers to improve the accessibility of their content.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Gosden House School
Last updated: May 11, 2023